Installing Ceiling Medallions by Yourself
Ceiling Fans. Published at Sunday, May 19th 2019, 08:07:40 AM by james.
Adding ceiling medallions to your plain and large ceiling can create a dramatic change in the ambience of your room. Installing ceiling roses is not as difficult as you think it will be. This article will elaborate briefly about the steps for ceiling rose’s installation you can do by yourself.
Ceiling Medallions Installation Steps
The steps to install the medallions are mentioned on the list below:
- Before you start, check the electrical wiring. If you have to move it, it is advised to ask helps from electrician.
- The next step is to find joists using a detector. Make sure to choose the nearest joists to your elected point. Mark the direction and position.
- Hold up the rose to the position and put some marks on where it cross the joists. You can draw some pencil guide lines around the circumference of the rose on the ceiling.
- Drill holes within the areas that align with the marked joists. Using a slow drill is more recommended to avoid damaging the rose.
- Using a countersink bit, enlarge the holes with slow drill speed. Make sure the holes are big enough for your attachments.
- Apply some adhesive with a filling knife. Make sure it covers every area at the back side of the rose.
- Place the rose on the ceiling within the guide line you have created before and make sure the holes align correctly with the joists.
- Attach the screws through the holes into the joists.
- To fill the holes, use filler or adhesive. After it is dried, sand it to get an even and smooth finish.
Those are some steps to install ceiling medallions in your home by yourself. Note that these steps are only applicable for simple types of medallions. If your medallions are complicated, using professional helps is more recommended.
57 out of 100based on 385 user ratings
Tags: chandelier. sunburst. starburst. indoor.
Floating Bookshelves: A Unique Spin on the Conventional Storage Unit
Leave Your Reply on Installing Ceiling Medallions By Yourself