Pro and Cons of Using Tongue and Groove Ceiling
Ceiling Fans. Published at Wednesday, May 22nd 2019, 05:58:16 AM by james.
For some people, doing everything by their own, including hanging ceiling, is more preferable than asking for professional help. If you are this type of people, hanging conventional ceiling may be difficult for you. You can try using tongue and groove ceiling to change the common ceiling that are difficult to install. You can read the good and bad of this ceiling on the next paragraph.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Tongue and Groove Ceiling
This type of ceiling has a lot of benefits. Those benefits are mentioned on the list below:
- Can be used in various types of surfaces, even the slightly imperfect surfaces.
- A suitable choice for those who want a rustic and attractive appearance in their houses.
- You can lift each board without too much efforts.
Even though it has several benefits, this type of ceiling also has some drawbacks that you may want to consider. Those drawbacks are mentioned on the list below:
- It may take more times to cover this type of ceiling compared to those conventional ones, such as the drywall ceiling.
- For those who tend to be loud, the sound resistant quality of this ceiling is not that good. You may want to choose other types of ceiling with better sound resistant quality.
- If you like to paint or decorate your ceiling to add some focal points in your house, this ceiling is definitely not for you because it can be pretty difficult to paint.
The paragraph above already mentioned several benefits and drawbacks of tongue and groove ceiling. Despite its slower installation, the results of this ceiling really worth the wait. So, if you do not mind waiting a little bit longer for the installation, do not like to decorate your ceiling, and generally not a noisy person, then this type of ceiling is definitely for you.
97 out of 100based on 570 user ratings
Tags: outdoor. coffered. panel. tunnel. wall.
Floating Bookshelves: A Unique Spin on the Conventional Storage Unit
Have Something to Say on Pro And Cons Of Using Tongue And Groove Ceiling